Desperatly Need Help- Lash Egg Stuck to Vent

humblehillsfarm

Crazy chicken lady
Mar 27, 2020
Southwestern Pennsylvania
My Coop
My Coop
It’s gotten worse since this morning and she wouldn’t take meal worms :( she’s still clucking and her comb is red but it’s huge
I don’t know if this is recoverable? I couldn’t even begin to push this back in.
I am so sorry :( What a horrible thing you and your hen are going through. Have you tried contacting an avian vet? I know that's not always an option but it seems to be getting much worse.

bikergirl

Songster
11 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Eastsound, Wa
I was thinking it didn’t look like a lash egg from the beginning I wonder if she’s been prolapse this whole time but flush had been dried making it look like a Lash egg?

BHFarm

Chirping
Oct 25, 2018
I am so sorry :( What a horrible thing you and your hen are going through. Have you tried contacting an avian vet? I know that's not always an option but it seems to be getting much worse.

It is getting worse. The only vet within 2 hours that will see birds is not that great. I called when I thought she had gleet and he didn’t know how to treat it.

BHFarm

Chirping
Oct 25, 2018
I was thinking it didn’t look like a lash egg from the beginning I wonder if she’s been prolapse this whole time but flush had been dried making it look like a Lash egg?

It could be but it had clumps...lemme try and explain lol itd be a stringy material and the size of thin string then a lump of hard then string then the large lump of hard. I have spent so many hours scouring the internet and Facebook and can find nothing like this. Nothing even close. :(

BHFarm

Chirping
Oct 25, 2018
I'm so sorry to hear this:(I hope she'll be able to pass it on her own and surprise us all.
I wish you and your girl the best of luck!:fl:hugs

thank you!!
If it were your bird how long would you give her? It’s been a week since I found the bit hanging out and last night since the actual prolapse

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
Wyorprock helped me heal a prolapse . Not with that thing attached though. It took a couple weeks actually and I had the good drugs but I did it . Found her the dead the next spring w/ another prolapse.

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
@Wyorp Rock Is it possible that actually IS a string w/ dried matter hardened to it ? Chickens will eat anything.
thank you!!
If it were your bird how long would you give her? It’s been a week since I found the bit hanging out and last night since the actual prolapse
I don't know Granny, a string then lump, then string then lump almost sounds like material with a "tail" like an egg or lash with a tail. Hard to know and it's a puzzle. I've never dealt with one having material stuck in the oviduct like this before.

@BHFarm you ask how long to give her. That's up to you, no one can say.
For me, 5 days is a good amount of time for an issue to resolve or I would have to see a great improvement, but each of us have our own opinion of when a bird needs to be put down. I have culled for unfix-able prolapse, so do understand - it can be a hard call to make.

Top Bottom