Despite the heat and humidity....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fldiver97, Jul 26, 2010.

1. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    I have to say I am impressed with my little flock of 6 girls - most days of the week I get 6 eggs from 6 girls, a day here and there 4-5........ I did not expect them to be that productive! They are between 11 - 15 months old and the Wyandottes did well during winter too! Lots of delicious eggs!!! Like Christmas morning every day I check the coop..... [​IMG] But then they get lots of cold watermelon and cold berries and daily treats....whatever it takes to keep the little birdbrains happy [​IMG]

2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG]

3. bigoakhunter

bigoakhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Cool! I get what you give them for treats now...but what about last winter? Any winter time treats? You are in Wi / I am in MI so the main difference is that you get your weather 12 or so hours before i do!!!!

We have had a hot and humid summer with MEGA rain!

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    bigoakhunter....yeah, they get treats year round...I try to give some greens and mealworms a couple of times a week, they still get some leftover veggies and fruit as well. We just switch to warm instead of chilled treats [​IMG] On very cold winter mornings I will often make some oatmeal and leftover food mix and 'serve' it warm....they love it. You'll notice the posts re treats change with the season....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by