destruction and disposal orders HELP

Cage free simply means the hens are not in a cage, there are still the same number of hens on the floor.

And commercially sold eggs that say pastured on the carton? Those hens are still in a building. In order to meet the government standards for pastured the farmer only needs to supply a run for the hens. IF the hens will go outside, can you imagine how big the run would have to be to supply "pasture" for 5,000-10,000 hens?

Government regulations for commercial housing of poultry is a joke.

Last edited:
Not by a long shot PeckinGorgeous,,, as enola says these buildings are huge most housing 10,000 birds or more in easch building,, and maintain airflow with fans big enough to walk through if the blades were not in the way. Some as in the case with more turkey farms are even open air design. A quick google search turns up this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chi...oTCJDY2Kj8jMYCFVUSkgod0ygApw&biw=1366&bih=657

also,, egg sellers can be misleading as well,, even though your egg carton may SAY cage free,, while TECHNICALY not false,, the conditions of the birds are not much better as indicated here:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...d=0CCkQMygMMAxqFQoTCN_C8bT8jMYCFUoIkgodt84AZw

as others have mentioned,, be well informed,, the more you you know about your food source the better,, and in this day and age of interwebs and electronica it is much easier for us to do so :)

Cage free simply means the hens are not in a cage, there are still the same number of hens on the floor.

And commercially sold eggs that say pastured on the carton? Those hens are still in a building. In order to meet the government standards for pastured the farmer only needs to supply a run for the hens. IF the hens will go outside, can you imagine how big the run would have to be to supply "pasture" for 5,000-10,000 hens?

Government regulations for commercial housing of poultry is a joke.

Well guys, it's not the government's job to make sure our food is what we expect it to be and that the consumer is informed. . . no. . . wait a minute. . .

Yeah, all my folks think I am crazy with all this food stuff. I'll say such and such is no good so they come to me with something else(like cage free eggs) and then I have to be honest with them about that, with as much gentility as I can muster. Lol

I really do think they think I am off my rocker. My mom always says, "Well, I don't have time to worry about all that. You burn your bra, then!" ROFL. Told her that was the very attitude that was keeping us in this mess we find ourselves.
I am currently in the run with my buds, maybe I AM crazy. Haha

It does make me angry when people take industrial farming practices and the food industry so flippantly. This is the quality of living for us and our kids we are talking about here.

Last edited:
Please continue. I am learning a ton

*blushes* sorry about that. This is literally the first forum I have ever been a member of (unless you count YouTube) lol. I'll try not to get OT again.

I have been learning a lot, and I do appreciate all the info.

here's the news clip: http://wtvr.com/2015/06/13/im-ecsta...ts-after-state-threatened-to-euthanize-flock/

the reporter, Chelsea Rarrick had the insight to stop at the DOA before they headed here... had she not done that, my birds would probably be dead --- the euthanizing was scheduled for dusk...

thank you ALL for your support and kind words -- it really meant and still means the world to me
hugs.gif

Awesome story, John!! That was so great of the reporter to be that consciencious.
The photographer did a nice job as well. Very handsome crew.

Congrats and keep us updated. !!

Back
Top Bottom