destruction and disposal orders HELP

lol ... it is fun having to repeat myself at times ...
big_smile.png
Oh, you mean those guys haven't heard "not for nothing" either?
gig.gif

Great video, John. Happy to see them all hale and hardy! You know, you thanked us, but we also need to thank you. I'm no dummy - I knew about bio security and the recent AI scare. But in the back of my pea brain it was a "It won't happen here - I'm just a small outfit" kind of thought process. You brought home that it CAN happen here. I'm sure mine weren't the only eyes opened over the last few days. So thank you too, and all the posters who shared links and information.
to be honest, i initially had reservations about posting because of the fear of criticism... then i reasoned w/myself and realized my birds will definitely be GONE if i do nothing ... they were the innocent victims here because of MY actions --- i owed them doing whatever i could to save them... it was more the actions and reactions of EVERYBODY directly and indirectly that saved these guys --- i'm indebted to you all in such a good way....i don't tend to post much, but my phone # is on page 1 here -- if i can EVER help or if someone wants me to comment on a post, please don't hesitate to call me (and i usually hang up accidentally getting the phone out of my pocket, so if i do, call me right back
big_smile.png
)

... and i've always only brought in eggs and NOT birds, thinking this would keep me clean --- unfortunately, eggs can be fomites (sort of an inanimate carrier) with viruses....

while i've always had my incubators in separate room, in the future (if and when, i order again) they will be in a room that i don't go into unless it's necessary ...and i will be sure to wash my hands, etc whenever i leave the room

--eggs from MY flock will remain in a separate more frequented room (for me, that's where the fun is
wink.png
)

to be honest, i initially had reservations about posting because of the fear of criticism... then i reasoned w/myself and realized my birds will definitely be GONE if i do nothing ... they were the innocent victims here because of MY actions --- i owed them doing whatever i could to save them... it was more the actions and reactions of EVERYBODY directly and indirectly that saved these guys --- i'm indebted to you all in such a good way....i don't tend to post much, but my phone # is on page 1 here -- if i can EVER help or if someone wants me to comment on a post, please don't hesitate to call  me (and i usually hang up accidentally getting the phone out of my pocket, so if i do, call me right back :D )

... and i've always only brought in eggs and NOT birds, thinking this would keep me clean --- unfortunately, eggs can be fomites (sort of an inanimate carrier) with viruses....

while i've always had my incubators in separate room, in the future (if and when, i order again) they will be in a room that i don't go into unless it's necessary ...and i will be sure to wash my hands, etc whenever i leave the room

--eggs from MY flock will remain in a separate more frequented room (for me, that's where the fun is;) )
I could see where people might have criticisms, but your story was something that could have happened to any of us, and I think it opened a lot of eyes that, like Blooie said, thought it couldn't happen to them. I would have never seen this thread, but someone linked it up on another thread I'm on, and I'm glad they did. It really was a fascinating story, and you took us with you every step of the way. Plus, it was cool to meet someone on BYC then see him on TV a few days later :thumbsup

(
I live in SD and have heard nothing about a private non-commercial flock being culled. The only ones on the news here are large scale operations. No mention of backyard flocks, so I'm confused as to where the eggs came from? Closest hatchery is in IA.
Hopefully this will upload, was sent to me last week.

It is difficult to copy/paste/print & scan & then upload each one of the 17 maps they sent in a PDF.
Most of you in NPIP must have been sent the same bulletin with these maps ?
If not, let me know & I'll try to upload your area.

Just started following. WOW. Scarey stuff.
My heart is with you!

It made me start thinking, and I realized a biosecurity breach right here that I had never considered....the utility access!
My gas meter has to be read every month...and it is located right in the middle of my poultry pasture. They don't even call to access my property anymore. They DO walk across every other chicken-pooped property before they get to mine.
Anyone else thought about this?
Gas/water/electric meters and lines are accessed freely whenever.
Could this put our birds at risk????
YOU BET!!!
Just thinking out-loud.....

Back
Top Bottom