Devastated-Hawkeye is Dead..

All I can say is I am so very sorry you lost him Speckledhen!!
hugs.gif

Thank you all. I do have five of his babies in the bator, three of Lexie's and two of Amanda's. Of course, there's probably a little Hawkeye in there. There are way too many girls for just Zane and he's not the calm, gentleman that his father was just yet, what with those raging teenage hormones. Perhaps that will come with maturity. He certainly has his dad's sweet temperament, so far, but no rooster can replace my Hawkeye. He was one of a kind. It just isn't right that he's not here.

Oh Cynthia, I'm so sorry. I've read so many of your post where you talk about him and he sounded so special. He was a beautiful bird.

Oh my, that is terrible news. I hate to tell you this, but I have had this happen to me - years ago. I learned later that Benzocaine is actually an acceptable euthanasia method for mostly amphibians and fish but it killed my chicken just as fast. I found this for you to reference.
http://www.unmc.edu/dept/iacuc/index.cfm?L1_ID=4&CONREF=46

Look at Table 2. So So sorry for your loss. He was a very impressive looking gentleman. He will be in our prayers.

sad.png
sad.png

hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am so sorry for you loss. Like others said, you were just trying to do right by him. Dont beat yourself. Could be coincidence, maybe something else was wrong that you could see or didnt know about already.....

but in light of the benziciane , be careful that he is not just anesthetized heavily.........although I am sure you can tell the difference, just want to be safe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom