Devastated-Hawkeye is Dead..

Oh, Cynthia, I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. You obviously loved your birds and I am sure Hawkeye knew that and had a wonderful life.
hugs.gif

Stacey

I remember when you rescued Hawkeye, and carried him outside everyday to get some sunshine while he was in quarantine. All the questions you asked, you were so worried about him, and wanting to make sure you were doing the right thing. If I remember right, he was the first grown chicken on your place that you didn't raise.

Yes, you were right there with me then, many of you. Yes, he was the only grown bird I ever brought here, that I didnt raise from a chick, and he was a true blessing to us and the girls. My sweet, good-natured, battle-scarred man, always being sociable, showing me yummy things to eat on the ground, never taking any treats for himself unless I picked him up and fed him from my hand. If I gave them to him, he'd always give them to his girls, never took any for himself. I'm thinking the girls are wondering where he is-they have liked him almost from the start; he had infinite patience with them, too much, which is why his wattles were scabby after months on end. Here is one of the best pictures of my special guy:
DCP_6808.jpg

Speckedhen...I am so so sorry about your loss....and such a traumatic one for you at that. Not so traumatic though for your baby....he went so fast, he crossed over without a stuggle.

Love his babies, and grandbabies....and feel blessed that God gave him to you. I am sure he felt blessed he was in your care.
:aww
Michele in MN

Quote:
Yes, you were right there with me then, many of you. Yes, he was the only grown bird I ever brought here, that I didnt raise from a chick, and he was a true blessing to us and the girls. My sweet, good-natured, battle-scarred man, always being sociable, showing me yummy things to eat on the ground, never taking any treats for himself unless I picked him up and fed him from my hand. If I gave them to him, he'd always give them to his girls, never took any for himself. I'm thinking the girls are wondering where he is-they have liked him almost from the start; he had infinite patience with them, too much, which is why his wattles were scabby after months on end. Here is one of the best pictures of my special guy:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/ClutchHutch/DCP_6808.jpg

Cyn, I remember when you brought him home. I remember when you told me his name. I even remember when you and Tom thought he was sick, and he just had chicken food in his throat! I've gotten to know Hawkeye so well through you that I felt like I could go out in the coop and see him with my girls. He really was a great roo, and you guys were awesome people to rescue him. Im so sorry for your loss, I just cant get over it.

Oh Cynthia, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Hawkeye.
hugs.gif

He was such a handsome fellow. I loved to read stories about him.

Please don't blame yourself. I have some of that Tri-Care stuff in my chicken first aid kit. I thought if it was good enough for dogs & horses it must be ok for chickens. I mean it sounded great to help prevent infection, aid in pain relief and also as a fly, water, & germ barrier. Who would of know that Benzocain wasn't ok for chickens. I have never ever read anything about it being bad. I will chunk mine in the trash or pass it to someone w/ horses.

I am so sorry!
sad.png

Kim

Oh Cynthia, I am so sorry. There are no words to make you feel better. Please know we all feel your loss and will miss Hawkeye dearly.
hugs.gif

Jody

Back
Top Bottom