Devastated-Hawkeye is Dead..

OMG, Cyn...I KNOW how torn up you must be...

hugs.gif
hit.gif

I feel your pain...

So sorry to hear about your loss.
It is unimaginable to me, how hard this must be for you. I only have eggs and have gotten so attached to them, I can't begin to think about how hard it would be to lose one that I've loved for many years. :aww
hugs.gif

I am fairly new here, everyone has mentioned how beautiful he was, would you mind posting a picture of him for us new guys. I'd love to see him.

Last edited:
Cyn-Remember he had a good life after you rescued him and the good times. We all have read so much about Hawkeye that we feel he is a part of our chicken family here on BYC and will be greatly missed, just as if he was an actual member.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Cyn

I remember when you rescued Hawkeye, and carried him outside everyday to get some sunshine while he was in quarantine. All the questions you asked, you were so worried about him, and wanting to make sure you were doing the right thing. If I remember right, he was the first grown chicken on your place that you didn't raise.

I found this old poem, I hope it is readable. It is a wonderful sentiment for a special chicken that has passed on.

Jean

chickenheaven_edited.jpg

Cynthia,
I am SO sorry. I too hope you will put a bunch more Hawkeye eggs in the incubator... I am sure there would be takers for any extras. After all, Zane can't be the only stripped rooster running around your place. You need more!! Don't beat yourself. That doesn't do much more than tenderize your back. It won't bring the special guy back to you.

My mom was telling me the other day that she felt sad that some of our meat birds were dying. I told her "Mom, it makes me sad too because we try to make life good for them while they are here, but at least we learn something new each time and change how we do things a bit." Your experience you have shared with us has taught us all something or at least reminded us all of the fragile nature of life, especially in the chicken world. I know you will miss him terribly!!

Back
Top Bottom