Devastated! Warning Graphical

Pics
Do you think that's the animal that got your flock? You never reported back to us about your inspection of your coop/run. Did you find any breaches in the security???
It was one that killed all my neighbors chickens and the same dog I side shot a few months ago while it had one of my goats by the chest. Couldn't see any breaches but will look tomorrow. The tarp I had over ½ of coop/run was torn away from coop. Grommets weren't torn, so thinking dog was trying to get in.

My son and I have been raising Red Star, Delaware and Barred Rock chickens a long with Pekin, Rouen, Runner and Muscovy ducks. I'm disabled so the eggs help the grocery bill and selling the extra eggs pays their food, treats and on utilities. My son went out to feed and this is what he saw.View attachment 2801622
Perhaps your son went later than usual? Looks very sunny and hot with no water or food or shade in sight.

My son and I have been raising Red Star, Delaware and Barred Rock chickens a long with Pekin, Rouen, Runner and Muscovy ducks. I'm disabled so the eggs help the grocery bill and selling the extra eggs pays their food, treats and on utilities. My son went out to feed and this is what he saw.View attachment 2801622
That’s horrible I don’t think I live in the same country as you so I am unsure if I can help but one of our chickens were once attacked by a wild cat or hawk and killed

My livestock guardian "Kangal" always dispatched what ever came close to goats, chickens and ducks. He's 15 years old now and has trouble getting up. I know I'm about to loose him too. He's been our friend and protector for all these years.
My livestock guardian "Kangal" always dispatched what ever came close to goats, chickens and ducks. He's 15 years old now and has trouble getting up. I know I'm about to loose him too. He's been our friend and protector for all these years.
Our Kangal put an immediate halt to the near daily coyote raids on our flock. Truly a special breed: loving family member & 100% focused on predator control/livestock security. I would like to recommend you consult my friend Mary Hughes at Hands Helping Paws, Kangal Rescue.
www.HandsHelpingPawsRescue.org - You may need to bring in a young Kangal to step in where your old guy is slowing down. Tell her Catherine Hall feels your pain and recommended you get in touch. (I have my Kangal because a Turkish, Kangal breeding friend drove up one day as I stood there dripping in blood, holding a dozen mangled chicken carcasses. His exact words were, “Our Kangal is pregnant. First one out is yours.”)

"Graphic"
One of my Black Copper Marans is dead.

In a city of 250+/- we don't have animal control. I offered to volunteer, city mayor said "NO". I called Sheriff dept to complain, was told to take to our city council. My son and I went looking for missing Muscovy's and seen main council women's vehicle at her house. My son said "Dad, let's tell her as Deputy Sheriff said to do. So I pulled up drive, son and I got out, walked up to door. I knocked, her husband answered and asked What do you need his wife for?" So I told him, he then told me to take up to council meeting (3rd Tuesday of each month) and never come on his property again.
What an asshole.
A person on a town or city council should be willing to hear about after-hours emergencies - there are things that cannot wait for regular monthly sessions, and they are supposed to be on a council because they *want* to SERVE and perform civic duty.
Our councillors here are contacted days, evenings, and weekends, and they step up becsuse that's what is expected of anyone on a council for the community. You have to wonder if his wife (the actual person on council) had any idea he was such a control prick.

Holy cow! You must be so devastated! I have tears in my eyes....This is awful. What happened???

In my experience owls take their prey away, hawks can clean off most of the bird in the yard or take it away if it is a manageable size, racoons can kill more than one and it is left very "messy", fox take away. It is the weasel family that will slaughter all, usually by biting the neck. They are very lithe-bodied and will fit through very small openings especially the smallest Least Weasl or Ermine, whatever its called in your area. Mink are larger but still get in through a very small space, as long as their skull fits through, theyll get in and kill all. I cant see in your photo, but my guess is a mink or other weasel- family member.

Back
Top Bottom