Devastated

We have a situation also in the country and neighboring acreage let their dogs just roam. We used hardware cloth, followed by welded wire fencing. Made a skirt on the ground as well of welded wire and covered it with dirt. Next project rocks on top of this. One more note, outside city limits, chickens are livestock. Dogs are not allowed to attack livestock, you can legally do what you feel is right when a predator enters your property. Have the sheriff let your neighbor know this. Ours magically started controlling their pitbull. 👍
Our neighbor is truely apologetic and has paid us back already. He didn't realize the invisible fence was damaged and neither did we. He grew up in out here so knows better than I do about rules and laws. I'm just thankful he apologized, paid us, and worked to get the fencing repaired while restraining his dog until it was fixed.
Only the bottom portion of our run is chicken wire so we will probably cover it. Thankfully no other predators have been sighted, except hawks but we fully enclosed the run and coops that is under trees.

Our neighbor is truely apologetic and has paid us back already. He didn't realize the invisible fence was damaged and neither did we. He grew up in out here so knows better than I do about rules and laws. I'm just thankful he apologized, paid us, and worked to get the fencing repaired while restraining his dog until it was fixed.
Only the bottom portion of our run is chicken wire so we will probably cover it. Thankfully no other predators have been sighted, except hawks but we fully enclosed the run and coops that is under trees.
Oh that is good, I'm so sorry you lost your chickens. I'm glad that your neighbor was responsible, you are lucky in that. We had to involve the sheriff unfortunately, it was after our horses as well, and they refused to do anything. It kept digging holes and climbing under the property line fencing. I hope you can find the materials you want to fix your chickens' home. Things are getting scarce down here in my area. 🤗👍

Back
Top Bottom