Aug 31, 2011
Naples, FL
First week with me (3-4 weeks old I was told):

1.jpg

Second week:

2.jpg

Third week:

3.jpg

Learning to drink from their water bottle (rather than a dish that they turn filthy in 3 minutes):

3waterbottle.jpg

Month with me:

4.jpg

They are still too young to sex, correct?

Does it look like they're developing properly?

I wish they weren't so afraid of my hands but I guess that is their nature, huh?

they look to be developing fine, they go alot slower then coturnix, which you would of probably been able to sex when you got them. looks like males mainly tho, due to the white around the face. I am no bobwhite keeper/knower tho.

and yea, i've seen it as, unless you hatch them yourself, they will always be skiddish, granted, my coturnix i hatched still get crazy when i go in there.

Quote:
I love them, always have -- also their vocalizations so I will be keeping mine as pets & sharing eggs with my friends -- if I have any hens!
big_smile.png

Quote:
They have the sweetest whistles & chirps! I could call the rogue wild male that hung around my property. BHave not seen him for a year, though
sad.png
He was all by his lonesome!

Quote:
Actually I don't see any signs of male or female. You'll have to wait a while to sex them.

+1 Wont be able to feather sex them till 10 weeks or later as a rule. They'll molt and the big bird feathers will come in.... Bill

Back
Top Bottom