Development of Dewlap Toulouse Goslings

You all are killing me. I LOVE the looks of these birds...... The ones posted in this thread are beautiful!

How lovely they would look running around my yard!

Sorry I don't no past the previous owner but I no that she bought and raised them all she did not breed them , she only breeds for show birds so I assume they are from a fairly prominent breeder

Tbitt - Im pleased you like them and Im sure when you're ready you would be able to locate anice pair in the USA
smile.png

ChaseB2 - its ok I was just wondering if you know the background of your pair. I hope they do well in the Spring for you and produce some fine Dewlaps, you may even get some Buffs
big_smile.png

Pete
wink.png

Quote:
lol it is easy to be lost while watching them , and in the winter when they go walking across the now they look like post cards , my mom has told me i need to tie big red ribbons around there necks and have them be our Christmas cards, but if you are looking for birds in the spring i hope fully will be breeding and i have a friend who will be breeding, i am new to this breed so i can not guarantee that the geese will be as nice as some but they will not be trash birds of low quality lol

Quote:
These big geese don't seem to do much running. I have four. They walk single file across the yard and look like big gray battleships at sea. They have a stately air about them - until one trips on a blade of grass and they all pile into each other!

They will get their big wings flapping and tear across the yard on tiptoes. With all that momentum going, they usually come to a nice controlled stop. Still, I look over my shoulder when I hear them coming in case I need to get out of the way! They are powerful, yet comical birds. I really enjoy mine.

Quote:
These big geese don't seem to do much running. I have four. They walk single file across the yard and look like big gray battleships at sea. They have a stately air about them - until one trips on a blade of grass and they all pile into each other!

They will get their big wings flapping and tear across the yard on tiptoes. With all that momentum going, they usually come to a nice controlled stop. Still, I look over my shoulder when I hear them coming in case I need to get out of the way! They are powerful, yet comical birds. I really enjoy mine.

You are not helping!!!
lol.png

I have a pair (I hope they're a pair and not two of each sex, but I'm not sure) of non-dewlap, utility Toulouse. I love them. They get the "zoomies" and race with wings a'flappin' from the bottom of my steep circular driveway, across the flat section and then down the other side to the drive gate. Several times a day. I think of them as pilots attempting a take off, as they do get up onto their tippy-toes!

I also don't want to be in their way when they get the zoomies!

I got them as goslings, separately, this summer. They are SO smart! I've watched them work together to pick up a long stick in their stock tank to get it out of there. One on each end, coordinating the lift and then one took over and tossed the stick away. Amazing to see.

I just wish they didn't try to disassemble everything in the yard, from latches on gates to the chrome on my 180cc scooter!

Yours are gorgeous, even though I'm not a fan of dewlaps. I just like the cleaner neck line.

Your birds are beautiful Pete!
ep.gif
now I want some! Maybe I will add that to my lavender ice american order from holderreas, (when I get them, which wont be soon) in 2013... im really in love now
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom