Development of USA Lavender Orpington - Update PICs pg 8

So I've read all through the posts and decided to post pics of what I have from Jody and hear what you all have to say. Got six more pics but I hear donut calling me and dd needs to use the computer.

23908_100_0074.jpg
23908_100_0080.jpg
23908_100_0083.jpg

23908_100_0085.jpg
23908_100_0088.jpg
23908_100_0093.jpg

23908_100_0096.jpg
23908_100_0097.jpg
23908_100_0098.jpg

I HAVE A NICE BLACK ROOSTER THAT I JUST STARTED PROJECT WITH OVER SOME SECOND GENERATION HENS THAT are nine month old. i also bought 18 5th generation eggs that will
be hatching on the 19th fingers crossed.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Say what you will, but he was no cull. All toes were fine. He was obviously an earlier generation and my friend was told he was an F3. We did show him this fall at one 200 bird show and he was placed as BV. The judge said his type was fair and then placed his offspring as RB, BV and RV. They were Splits and I entered them as Blacks against their own mothers and grandsire. The grandsire was a Cecil Moore hatched Black Orpington.

With this new male, I plan on showing the Splits this fall as Blacks to see how they measure up. He would not stand still for the camera. Guess I will have to take a better photo when i have more help and less feed.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/47716_sb_orp_f6.jpg

He looks like he has a lot of leakage, but it may just be the picture and my screen.

The sun was shining some from my back. Plus it was my cell phone. He has no leakage. Nor did the others I seen at the farm.

I'm curious as to who's "farm" Jim? I have never shipped any lavender but one and I have records as to where he went and I do all that I have hand delivered in the lav and split/black. Since you can state this is a direct bird from me I would like to know since I tried asking in PM but your box is full.

Quote:
I hope do not offend here:

Mine are referred to as "Pets with Perks". Many are layers....just for eggs.....not for hatching. I am in the infancy of my breeding program and showing status...I am just starting. The also "perk" is that I butcher the culls. My 10-year-old daughter had some problems, at first, with this. My explanation: The world can only have so many animals/birds. We raise ours....we treat them as GOOD as we can...they have the best life they can until they have to go to "freezer camp"...yes my daughter knows this means, they go to the freezer. So.....the culls are in their own pen...are free ranged at times...get goodies...are treated very well...but the end is that they are for my freezer.

Hope I have not offended anyone. my "freezer" birds are treated no different than the show birds, my layers, and pets. They have a wonderful life - albeit shorter than some .

Back
Top Bottom