DEviled Eggs

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by hooligan, Feb 9, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I know most of you must have some good deviled egg recipes, so lets hear them. My bf loves them and I am always looking for ways to cook him up some eggs [​IMG]

2. pacanis

pacanis Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2008
    NW PA
  3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Yeah check Miss Prissy's blog too, if anyone can cook anything good, it's Miss Prissy, lol!! I rarely measure when I make deviled eggs, mayo, pickle relish, and paprika makes a good egg for us though. [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Quote:And a little dab of yellow mustard, salt and pepper.

If I want to get all fancy (like my grandma LOL) I slice green olives and garnish the top with a thin circle.

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    YUM!! I knew you would come to the rescue [​IMG]

6. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    For a fun website with good suggestions (step-by-step instructions for "deviled egg challenged") check out www.deviledeggs.com.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  7. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Mine are made with mayo, djion mustard, and scallions or chives cut up really small. You can add a few drops of worchestershire if you want to really boost up the flavor. This works great for egg salad too, just increase the mayo.

8. palabeco

palabeco Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    S.W. PA
    I use mayo, mustard and a little sweet pickle juice. and sprinkle paprika on top. My family always requests that I bring the deviled eggs to all the family holiday dinners and picnics.

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    YUMMY - I made some for the kids today - just with mayo and salt cause they are picky!

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I'm going to hijack this thread so I can tell Hooligan that she is a real wonderful person for her compassion and knowledge in rescuing animals that are in need. She's a gem!, and so's her boyfriend, for supporting the mission!

Now, go peel some eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by