Devistating FAIL... what went wrong?

silkies4penny

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 23, 2011
Fayetteville, WV
I posted a couple days ago, and I wanted to update. I had 6 out of 12 shipped eggs make it to lockdown, I had one hatch, one internally pip and then die, and the rest never did anything. I had kept my humidity at 65-70% for the last three days of lockdown, so why did only one hatch? I looked inside the other eggs and one pipped internally and then died, they did look shrink wrapped a bit, but I thought my humidity was high enough. any ideas what happened?!

Quote:
how do you calibrate these? I probably need to do that myself, I have some eggs comming soon and dont want a mishap to take place

it was set at 100. I had a digital that was reading 99 and a murcury one on the eggs reading 101. Have no idea how to calibrate. is there a link to it somewhere?

What kind of incubator you have? Still air or fan? What was your humidity through incubation? I use a dry method; 35-40% humidity through incubation and 58-63% from day 18 to hatch. This works the best for me. Internal piping without hatching sounds like to high of humidity to me.

I have the hovabator 1602N still air. I also did a dry incubation with my humidity at 40-50%. all had really good air cells. I only had one internally pip and the rest didnt even try. my humidity was reading at 65-70% for the last days, so I thought I was all good. It definitly looked like they were shrink wrapped once I looked at them but I dont know how thats possible when the humidity was that high... at least I got one...

Back
Top Bottom