Dewormer question

What did you use to de-worm her?
The poop has a lot of urates which can be an indication of dehydration.
Make sure she's drinking well.
If the crop is not emptying overnight, then consider treating her crop issues. This article will get you started. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
I used safeguard 10% goat de-wormer. I’m really trying to get her to drink, but I also don’t want to stress her out more by shoving things in her face. She drinks a little and eats a little, I’ve tried banana she she’ll nibble at it. Her appetite is decreasing. Daily. It’s not respiratory, I don’t think she’s egg bound, but I did everything you’re supposed to do for that and nothing, I took her out yesterday to stretch her legs and she walked over to the coop and begged to get in and went directly to the nest box sat in it for well over an hour and nothing. I don’t think she has soup crop, she doesn’t smell like it. Her comb and waddle aren’t pale. If she was egg bound she wouldn’t be able to poop right? I’m assuming at this point because we’ve not had any progress, that she has some sort of infection in her reproductive organs. I’m hoping to get her into a vet by Tuesday. My vet is booked, she’s a small clinic with just one vet and no staff. If my chicken makes it until Tuesday. I’m doing all I can. And I just don’t know what to do any more. Pictures are what’s in her pen this morning.
4F7432DD-59C3-427F-8517-3C449C172A56.jpeg
73EB8BE7-77CE-4889-AF28-EAC5C1B6734D.jpeg
09F79230-AC72-4BD8-8650-6EBCB006B724.jpeg

You have to physically feel the crop in the morning to see if it's empty.

Her stance reminds me of bird that is having reproductive issues. I would give her extra calcium (1 Caltrate with D3) once a day for 3-5 days.

You may be right that she has infection. Hopefully the vet can see her.

You have to physically feel the crop in the morning to see if it's empty.

Her stance reminds me of bird that is having reproductive issues. I would give her extra calcium (1 Caltrate with D3) once a day for 3-5 days.

You may be right that she has infection. Hopefully the vet can see her.
100% probably a reproductive infection. And literally no vets available. And it’s sucks. I’m curious if I should just euthanize.

Back
Top Bottom