Dewormer?

Here's an article that will debunk the the myth that pumpkin seeds are a natural remedy for worming chickens.
I for one have never believed pumpkin to be a natural wormer, this also includes diatomaceous earth as a natural wormer. Chemical wormers do work and has been thoroughly researched and proven to eliminate and control worm infestations in domestic poultry.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&ved=2ahUKEwiSvP-uhIzfAhVjZN8KHS0uAeQQFjANegQIBRAB&url=https://the-chicken-chick.com/the-truth-about-chickens-pumpkin-seeds/&usg=AOvVaw3yRO3FS6yIvhTvkUxGbFL_

i did i gave them about 4 grains of rice size. they seemed to like it.
Between these two red lines will work too.
mottrin syringe_1.jpg.png

oh i thought it was 1 time a month. thank you that helps. yea i will do that. i also got barn lime as my friend suggested to put down in their coop floor. awesome!
The textbooks I have say to treat once, then 10-14 days later. If You see the segments again, let us know and we'll see if we can come up with a plan b.

oh i thought it was 1 time a month. thank you that helps. yea i will do that. i also got barn lime as my friend suggested to put down in their coop floor. awesome!
1 time a month would be way too much. I personally worm my birds 2 times a year, just before breeding season and after breeding season, which for me is February and then again in October.
Lime will help cut down on the spread of diseases brought into their environment via contaminated shoes, clothing and other visitors to your enclosures. It's a great BIOSECURITY tool if you have many visitors or are laxed about environmental biosecurity but it's not a be all to end all. Personally, I wouldn't use it in their enclosures as it can burn delicate tissues, their legs, eyes, nasal openings, vent and can get into their lungs and cause serious injury or death.
Outside of the enclosure is ok for visitors to step into a pan of lime before entering your enclosures, this will help cut down on outside contamination of diseases.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom