Deworming because we have worms!!!

chicksinthemachine

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Henley,MO
I just feed my older flock our pumpkins from Halloween last week how long will that last? Because my flock indoors has worms and one died this morning, she was recovering from a racoon rampage at my house a couple of weeks ago, I don't have any more pumpkin seeds to give to the peeps what should I do? I have corid/amprol and terramycin(sp) on hand will any of these help? I also read something about honey and garlic? Help please I can't take much more of this!@!
he.gif

Last edited:
Ivomec Eprinex - it's a topical dewormer for cattle available at the feedstore - treats several types of worms (Wazine only treats roundworms) 0.5 cc for standard chickens, 0.25 cc for bantams Put the dose on the back of the neck. I don't know if it needs to be repeated with a known infestation - as preventative maintenance, it's only done every few months. I don't think pumpkin seeds are very effective against a known infestation; I think they're more like a preventative. Hope this helps!

Wow thanks for the link!
big_smile.png
P.S. Can my kids and us get these roundworms, because they have been handled before I knew they had roundworms it is only 5 peeps well 4 now I lost one this morning but we wash our hands with anti-bacterial soap after handling them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom