The only reason I am wondering about it is I rehomed a 9 week old rooster and the lady said he had tapeworm segments in his poop. I've seen these in my adult chickens and don't get real concerned as everyone acting ok. She has a bird rescue so I thought maybe she knew something I didn't. It possibly could be. My chicks seemed fine.

The only reason I am wondering about it is I rehomed a 9 week old rooster and the lady said he had tapeworm segments in his poop. I've seen these in my adult chickens and don't get real concerned as everyone acting ok. She has a bird rescue so I thought maybe she knew something I didn't. It possibly could be. My chicks seemed fine.
If you decide you want to treat for tapes the best way to treat them is to use something with praziquantel. There are a couple of studies that say Valbazen and Safeguard will treat the common chicken tapeworm, but some people have reported that neither worked for them.

Lot of products contain praziquantel. Let me know if you decide to treat and I will look up the dose for you.

Back
Top Bottom