Deworming Flock

Aleelupton

Songster
Jul 3, 2018
Warren, Ohio
Hi friends!

I found a roundworm in one of my chickens poop this evening. This is the first time I've encountered this problem since starting my flock a few years ago. What medication is easier to treat a whole flock with? Do I need to throw away all their eggs for a period of time? How long? My flock is a mixed flock of standard and bantam breeds as well as Seramas. Thank you so much in advance for any and all advice!

Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are good wormers for chickens, but they are given orally to each chicken. Valbazen dosage is 1/2 ml orally for a 5 pound chicken given once and again in 10 days. SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml per pound given once and in 10 days for roundworms, or given for 5 straight days for most serious worms. Levamisole (Prohibit) is available to use in the water, and available online.

Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are good wormers for chickens, but they are given orally to each chicken. Valbazen dosage is 1/2 ml orally for a 5 pound chicken given once and again in 10 days. SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml per pound given once and in 10 days for roundworms, or given for 5 straight days for most serious worms. Levamisole (Prohibit) is available to use in the water, and available online.
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom