Deworming using Safeguard pellets

Kristasflock

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased Safeguard pellets deworm my four chickens. How much of the Safeguard pellets should I feed them to deworm?

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased Safeguard pellets deworm my four chickens. How much of the Safeguard pellets should I feed them to deworm?

Thank you
Welcome to BYC! What worms do you want to treat? How much you need to use depends on the type of worm you wish to treat.

-Kathy

Hi Everyone,

Thank you
Do your Birds have worms?
I have never wormed a Chicken in my life....If Birds are kept clean, proper nutrition and are healthy, worming is not needed....

Cheers!

Hi there,

It would be to treat most all worms - my vet who was also a farm vet for over 10 years recommended using the Safeguard pellets as unlike Piperzine it targets a large variety of worm types

Hi there,

It would be to treat most all worms - my vet who was also a farm vet for over 10 years recommended using the Safeguard pellets as unlike Piperzine it targets a large variety of worm types
It does treat more worms than piperazine (Wazine), but worms like capillary worms require higher doses than large roundworms or cecal worms. Have your vet look up capillary worm treatment and have him/her recommend an amount, 'cause I don't think the amount listed on the product is enough.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom