Deworming with Fenbendazole

I'm not sure. My chickens weigh about five pounds each. Is there a way to tell me how much, by teaspoon I should put on a piece of a treat for each chicken? And is there a withdrawal period for the eggs?
Thanks again.

I'm not sure. My chickens weigh about five pounds each. Is there a way to tell me how much, by teaspoon I should put on a piece of a treat for each chicken? And is there a withdrawal period for the eggs?
Thanks again.
1/4 level teaspoon (1.23 ml) per five pounds for five days is as close as you're gonna get without a small syringe. There is no official withdrawal, but most people wait 2 weeks from last dose.

-Kathy

I have four chickens
1f414.png
and none are molting. I didn't realize I have to treat them for five days. Is there a follow up treatment?
Julie

At least one has roundworms. Maybe more than one. I have tried following them around the yard to see who is pooping the worms, but I have not been successful I have tried following them around the yard to see who is pooping the worms, but I have not been successful !

At least one has roundworms. Maybe more than one. I have tried following them around the yard to see who is pooping the worms, but I have not been successful I have tried following them around the yard to see who is pooping the worms, but I have not been successful !
I ask because your tube will only treat them for four days. If you have just roundworms, then one day should be enough, but if you have capillary worms, they should get five days of medication.

-Kathy

What is the chicken dosage for the safe-guard horse wormer paste (10% fenbendazole)? I'd like to know the dosage per bird (or per pound of bird) if possible. I only have a few birds so I'm hoping I can wrap it in a small piece of bread and give it to them individually. (about a year ago I gave them medicine this way and it worked really well)

How much of the paste?
How frequently to give it?

Thanks,

What is the chicken dosage for the safe-guard horse wormer paste (10% fenbendazole)? I'd like to know the dosage per bird (or per pound of bird) if possible. I only have a few birds so I'm hoping I can wrap it in a small piece of bread and give it to them individually. (about a year ago I gave them medicine this way and it worked really well)

How much of the paste?
How frequently to give it?

Thanks,
@aroundthecoop , welcome to BYC!

Can you take a poo sample to the vet to have it checked for worms?

Back
Top Bottom