Deworming with SafeGuard

FloridaChick88

Chirping
Jul 7, 2016
Hi everyone! A few days ago I noticed some small worms about 1/2 inch long in one of my new hens poop. I decided to deworm the whole flock today with safeguard.

I know that I need to dose everyone again in ten days but I’m wondering how I will know if the treatment worked? Will I actually see them start to pass the dead worms?

Did you take any pictures of the poop? How fresh were the droppings? Could they have been maggot larvae? How much SafeGuard did you give each chicken? To treat all possible worms except tapeworms, the SafeGuard needs to be given 1/4 ml per pound orally to each chicken for 5 consecutive days. You might have seen a cecal worm, but a picture would help.
https://www.dummies.com/wp-content/uploads/369909.image0.jpg

The droppings were very fresh, I saw the chicken do it. Unfortunately I couldn’t get a photo of the worm but they were very small. Not like a roundworm. My chickens all weigh about 4-5 pounds except for my rooster who weighs about 9 pounds. I gave everyone 1 ml orally except for my roo who I gave 1.5ml. How would I treat capillary or gape worms?

Back
Top Bottom