Deworming

Awesome to have a first hand real life teacher by your side!
You are quite lucky!

Once you get settled and find your way around this site we would love to see pics of you flock!

I take my dogs and cats to a clinic so I'm pretty sure they don't take chickens but I'm not far from a local vet
you will not need to actually walk in with your chicken...just a bag or container with some poo will be fine.

My cat/dog vet would probably do them, but only because I am already a client. I don't think they will do fecals on any animal unless they have already seen the animal.

Haha! I know but this place is one of those super cheap clinics that only does dogs and cats, a non profit
I'd be sure to ask..just call them over the phone..and say this...
"If I bring you some fresh poop in could you do a FECAL TEST for me?"

I know this just doesn't sound right....trust me..I'm killing myself laughing but I am dead serious.

I didn't know that scaly leg mites were worms.
:oops: Have not dealt with scales leg mites so I can not give you "from my personal experience advice" but I can tell you I have read many post where people have successfully treated them with vaseline. (Same people do complain about it being messy, but it worked for them.)
We had good results dipping their legs in vegetable oil. We put it in a wide mouth bell jar so we could just dunk their legs in.

@bunchOfhens , the lab that's doing the necropsy should be able to do fecals for you. I'm in California, and the California lab systems does do fecals. Legally they can't tell you how to treat unless they have see the bird, but that doesn't matter... just find out what worms they have and we can help you.

Back
Top Bottom