DH bought me a new rifle sunday!!

Congrates on the gift.

3 years ago hubby bought me a 243 my first and only rifle. I was not happy as I sold all my fathers guns since I am not a gun person. He bought it so we could deer hunt together. Not likly I hate cold weather coming from FL. That was when we had just moved in PA and we were not even married yet. Now that we are on are own property in the country I am glad to have it. It needs to be sighted in again but that will happen soon. We have a bunch of stray dogs running around as well as a few coyotes that we have seen.

I love my .22 magnum, but i dont think that a rifle...

i love shooting and im pretty good but i know nothing about the technical stuff...

I'm slowly learning about the tech side. Right now DH is teaching me how to reload. We have to reload our own .50cal and now in CA you can't hunt with lead bullets and the enviromentally approved bullets are very expensive so we are going to start reloading hunting bullets for us and our friends. I am also learning to clean the guns properly, we have many friends that doen't like to clean their guns and want to pay us to do it.

Monica

SEVEN more days!!

Last edited:
I have one of those Henry 22's also, and I love it, now I would just be in heaven on earth if I could get me a cimarron brass frame henry.

Here is a link to Hennry rifle.
http://www.henryrepeating.com/h001_leveraction.cfm

I hope this is right.

The lever action "The Henry rifle, produced by Oliver Winchester in 1860, used a centrally-located hammer rather than the offset hammer typical of muzzleloading rifles, and this hammer was cocked by the rearward movement of the Henry's bolt. The Henry also placed the magazine under the barrel, rather than in the buttstock, a trend followed by most tubular magazines since.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lever-action.

I do not own any Henry rifles, but i really love my Winchester lever action rifles.

The lever action was a favorite of John Wayne.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=534&type_id=144&cat=014C

Awesome gun . I envy you
big_smile.png

BA

Marko- Yes the cimmaron is a bi****n rifle!

yankee- DH has a winchester model 94, he loves it.

He wants a colt walker, like in Josey Wales.

What an interesting mixture of dogs you have. We have a rottie and a pup that is 1/2 border collie, 1/4 shepard,1/4 boxer

Monica

Last edited:
My clays shotgun is a Browning 525 32" ported barrels. Lefty. If you shoot lefthanded, a lefty gun is a must. Mine is also fitted, so the butt is really really short, I'm only 5'4" and the gun is really long. Looks funny. They had to counter weigh the butt with a big chunk of brass.
lau.gif

My tactical shotgun is a Bernelli, M2 with ghost ring sights, and extended magazine.

My spare shot gun is a Lanber O/U, it's fitted too, but it's not a lefty, so it's not as comfortable to shoot.

I also have my mom's winchester model 12 pump. It's a 20 ga, the only 20 I own, all the rest are 12ga.

I won't even go into my rifles. I'm sure I'll miss a few, but I've got a beautiful CZ .223 bolt with curly maple stock. Really nice.

You might say that my DH really really loves me, or just like the excuse to buy more guns to try.
lau.gif

Lonecowboy- They sound great. I also have too many to name. I usually tell DH what I type I want next;rifle, pistol, revolver,shotgun; he then decides what would be right for me. I am (as HE says) 5' 1/2". So he pays close attention to length, weight, callibur.

His brother made our grandaughtera single shot bolt action .22 like the little crickets. He stained the stock a blue and cut it down. He saved the extra pieces so as she grows he can add them, it's about time for the first addition.

One of my favorite rifles I own is my mini-30. It is sooo much fun to shoot. DH agrees, he is thinking about getting him one, although the guns he wants are MUCH more expensive that mine.

Monica

DH bought me a new rifle sunday

Beats a blender.
smile.png

Actually, I want to learn to shoot. We have firearms, but my problem is I hate sudden, loud noises. I even detest balloons because they pop. I really must get over that so I can learn to fire a gun. Right now, my preferred method of defense is my grown son's little League baseball bat.
roll.png

Cynthia- One of THE most important things with guns is HEARING PROTECTION!!! We know soo many people that shoot without protection. They WILL lose hearing. In our .50bmg matches(those are the BIG guns the military snipers are using in the war) they are VERY loud. We use foam ear plugs and our shooting earmuffs, otherwise it will affect your hearing.
Last week at the gun show we were fitted with custom earplugs, they completley cover the opening of the ear canal. You can still hear but as the lady that made them said, it's like when you are underwater, the sound is muffled greatly. She also made a pair for DGD.
We still will wear our outer ones too. When we go target shooting with our other guns, we will just use our new ones, much more comfortable.
Try wearing some shooting muffs around the house/yard, have your DH make loud noises(tractor, chainsaw, generator,etc) see how much the sound is deminished.

Monica

Back
Top Bottom