DH fighting an 800 acre fire Update post 17

fl.gif

Thank you both sincerely. I was working near the Helotes fire and have bronchitis for life thanks to the brilliant man who piled that flaming mess to the heavens.

It is unfathomable to me how ANYONE could think of lighting even a BBQ pit down here right now-we're in a 100 year drought and 20 + inches of rain below normal, 100+ temps and 10-20 mph winds.
The underbrush is tinder dry and a single spark could set these woods on fire in an instant.
I can't repeat what DH called this fool that started this fire-it would singe your eardrums.

Quote:
did you get any of the rain that just passed thru my area? I know ... it ticks me off when people burn things knowing that we havent had enough rain here...

Not a drop of rain, Chixie.
We're starting to smell smoke here right now. We're southeast of where the fire is burning in Colonial Acres. As the crow flies, we're pretty close to the fire.
sad.png

Thought we were going to get a little rain about 11:30pm but all we got was thunder and lighting. Then on the scanner we heard about 3 grass fires that started about the same time the lighting was going off. I did grill on the pit the other day but I raked around the pit watered the ground (no grass) around the pit and kept the fire very low. Hope they get control of the fire soon and your DH is safe

piecemaker

I havent heard anything on the big fire today. we had a really bad storm today so hopefully the rain has taken care of that fire.. on another note we are now having small woods fires due to lightning strikes and several electric poles down... we were without power from 3:30 until 6:30

Back
Top Bottom