DH=Headache

when we built our home you had just one building permit but you couldn 't move on to the next stage until the previous one had passed.. there were all sorts of different inspections done..from foundation to electrical to well water purification.. etc.. just remember it takes longer than you expected and costs more than you thought.. so relax and enjoy the ride.

Twentynine DH got a book on all the regulations and spects concerning the wiring.

He's taking a break and I am going to go into the house and do some of my work.

Last edited:
Since I've been on our board, we've rebuilt two of our association ramadas. While both were complete rebuilds, one was a major project as there were four rooms (two bathrooms, a storage room and an equipment room) in addition to the large ramada itself. The other was a much smaller ramada only (4 columns and a roof). Both have lighting, electrical outlets and plumbing (a hose bibb on the small one). All required virtually the same number of inspections, although the detail for each inspection varied considerably. A number of structural inspections, electrical and plumbing inspections, final inspections. Can't proceed until an inspection is passed.

Wow, I know completely how stressed out you both must be. The construction of our house was a complete disaster. It was so bad I have given serious thought to writing a book.

Anyway, it sounds like you and DH are starting to work it out. There is no way to "hide" stuff from inspectors any more. Whatever people say about it is irrelevant, they axist for a reason and you can get into serious trouble if you try to go around them.

In our neighborhood a woman built a huge barn on the back of her property. Apparently, she never got the building permit. She allegedly told the contractor she had taken care of it.

Several months after it was completed the neighbor sold their house and the new owners had their land surveyed. Her barn was on her property, but it was too close to the boundary line.

She was forced to tear the entire structure down.

The new neighbors had not intended any harm to her, they were just looking to put up a fence.

When our house was done, the township, the bank, and the insurance company all inspected it before signing off.

Back
Top Bottom