DH is refurbishing and old coop with recycled materials! New Pics!

For you pickers: I recently got for free a crate they ship floor tiles in from a floor covering place. It is not enclosed but I put it up on bricks and put corragated metal on top to make a 'chicken cabana'. A place where they can get away from others or get out of the rain. Right now the rooster spends his spare time on top of it crowing.

My entire coop was made from recycled materials. A couple of weeks ago my DH was in for the weekend and put up a 7' chain link fence I bought several years ago at an auction for $50. It makes my second run for the Lone Rooster and his new girls that are in quarantine.

I would love a little cutsie coop but am very happy and pleased with my 'rustic' coop.

Recycling makes so much sense!

And I love the blue on yours....and flowers would be pretty painted on it!

Bburn, I have a crate that a motor was shipped in that is housing a lone rooster!
I was thinking of making it into a banty coop. I have three little ones I am not sure about keeping with my laying hens. However if I integrate them at the same time I put the four large ones in maybe all will go fine! They have been housed together so far!
This is so much fun keeping chickens! Glad we moved to the country! It is alot of work but its fun!

lookin' good!

pop.gif

more pictures please!

Quote:
I would be totally DANGEROUS if I had a truck ...
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif
LOL
lau.gif
gig.gif

The closest I have to a truck is my van. If I don't have my kids with me I can fit a good bit in there but I try not to put wood b/c of splinters. I try, TRY, to keep my van clean, lol. I'm currently looking for materials on CL and Freecycle to build a second coop. We're gonna need it.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom