lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I can not wait to see her pics.....

Just_Cuz_06.gif

pop.gif

Sooooooooo..... I came home EMPTY HANDED (!!!!)

DH was STUNNED, and initially expressed his satisfaction.... which was replaced by guilt within 10 minutes; he is such a good guy, and was concerned that his words/"chicken farmer pantomime" prevented me from doing something that I REALLY wanted to do.

I considered letting him wallow in it for a bit, considered the whole "ask for an Emu" strategy (I actually am DYING for Buff Orps..), but, well... what can I say? I love the guy & took pity on him
tongue.png
;

Admitted that the hens were WAY older & skittish, no pullets left, and only straight run chicks in breeds that probably wouldn't work out for us too well...

And okay, couldn't resist maintaining a sad/dissapointed face, plus mentioning AGAIN how much I want some Orps... He encouraged me to go ahead and order a few hatching eggs, said the girls (our DDs ages 4 & 7) LOVED the whole hatching process so much, plus I may as well get what I REALLY want, if I am going to get anything at all.... Did I mention he is a GOOD GUY??
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
!!!

Sooooooooo..... To make a long story short, I am going to contact an breeder in my home state, that I have been DROOLING over for months, and inquire about availability and/or references for a half dozen Golden Girl eggs...
lol.png

PS: LOVE the suggested names, strategies, and input on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final Update:

Contacted the Buff Orp breeder and I am getting 6 eggs in the next week or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

And I was thinking that maybe it would be better to get an ADDITIONAL 6 eggs, maybe pick some up from a local breeder, just because, well, it might be SAFER for the Orps, right? I mean REALLY, with only 6 eggs it might be hard to regulate the 'bator temp... I mean, okay, granted I could just put in a bottle of water or something to increase the "mass" & maintain temps, but hey, what fun is THAT?? And plus, you never know... water bottles spring leaks, I'm sure it happens all the time, and THAT could wreak havoc with humidity levels and ruin the whole hatch, right? So I guess it makes PERFECT SENSE to grab a few more eggs... it's truly the only RESPONSIBLE thing to do... right? Of COURSE that's right... and I'm sure DH will agree once I explain the perfect logic behind it...

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Guess I'll be posting in the Hatching/Incubation section soon!!
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom