DHs are there any out there?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Netherworldtaken, May 25, 2010.

1. Netherworldtaken

Netherworldtaken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    So, after reading many of the posts, I see that many of you refer to your DH a lot. My question is this, how many of you out there are ACTUALLY the DH like me? My daughters and I take care of the hens per an agreement about getting them. My DW (not Darrel Waltrip, race fans) agreed that the girls could have them but that they, with my supervision and help, would be the responsible parties. I was just wondering how many of us guys were on here.

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    There are lots and lots of dudes on BYC. Us chicks don't ever let them talk though.

3. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    My DW is napping so now is the chance. She wanted a couple for fun and for my son to help care for. now two years later their are 39 in the yard and I have becone the primary caretaker. The boy is a help at age 7, Hopefully more as he grows

4. Penturner

Penturner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    Reno Nevada
    I am one. Chickens where my idea and I make it a family thing. My wife usually tolerates my "Stuff" but does not get really really involved. She will in her words "Help". Well with the chickens even she has been lured in.

5. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    I'm the Chicken Man at our place. My wife wondered about my sanity when I first started clearing the land and building the chicken coop, but now she's into the chickens too. She's very watchful over the incubator, keeping the temp and humidity constant! I'm the main feeder and waterer though...I'm also the brooder cleaner too!

6. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    Quote:True dat LOL!

7. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    DW thought I had absolutely 100% lost my freekin mind when I said I wanted chickens.

Now she wouldn't give them up for anything.

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] Yeah, you have to study and earn your Masters in Edgewise.

9. drunkdog

drunkdog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Everett
    my wife gave me the idea but now my post count exceeds hers...either I talk too much or....she is slackin [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by