Diahrea

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ktdeluxe, Jan 4, 2015.

1. ktdeluxe

ktdeluxe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2014
    Central OK
    Last Tues night I found my 25 week old barred rock motionless out in the yard at bedtime with signs of copious yellow diahrea. She was really unresponsive. I brought her in, got her to drink some water and took her to the vet the next day. She ran tests on the diahrea and didn't find any parasites and all the results were negative. She didn't know what was wrong. She sent us home with some medicine we have been giving her but the only difference now is the diahrea is green. We are having to make her drink (gently) several times a day but she doesn't seem to be eating. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with her? We are newbies and don't even know what questions to ask the vet when we take her back tomorrow. Any info or suggested questions would be such a wonderful gift to me. Can anyone help?

2. I'm new to BYC just read your tread and wonder did your barred rock get better I've lost 4 hens & a rooster . what started as diahrea turned into death within 72 hrs. my vet sent one to the state lab to find out what it was . the report said that it could be worms or rmerricks but was inconclusive . I hope I did this right

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by