Diapering Ducks

Mini

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 1, 2013

I've raised that duck since she hatched from an egg, unfortunately none of her brother and sisters made it. She quacks really loud for us to come back when we have to go shed rather be following us. She sees herself as one of us, so we want to keep her with us. What are the problems with dispersing a duck? Is their stuff to do to make having a duck walking around a little more comfortable? (Like a way to keep her from spilling her water all over the floor) is their a good place to get duck diapers from I'd like it to be a harness to? So I can take her for walks.

I've raised that duck since she hatched from an egg, unfortunately none of her brother and sisters made it. She quacks really loud for us to come back when we have to go shed rather be following us. She sees herself as one of us, so we want to keep her with us. What are the problems with dispersing a duck? Is their stuff to do to make having a duck walking around a little more comfortable? (Like a way to keep her from spilling her water all over the floor) is their a good place to get duck diapers from I'd like it to be a harness to? So I can take her for walks.

I do not diaper any of my ducks although sometimes id like to
big_smile.png
. But as far as I have read up on there isn't many problems to diapering ducks. You will want to make sure that it is the right measurements and if your duck isn't full grown yet than you will have to worry about if it will still fit when it gets older. Also they can't wear them 24/7. Having a duck in the house is not as easy as it may seem. I currently have 2 ducks living in my house and it takes a lot to keep them clean. I'm constantly sweeping up feathers. I keep them in a puppy pen and use old towels on the floor and that gets messy quick. I change towels twice a day. With duck diapers i'm sure they wouldn't be quite as messy since they are wearing a diaper but the feathers are a constant thing. If you get a sturdy enough container than she won't be able to tip it over but she will still make a huge mess. A good website is etsy.com. They have diapers, harnesses, leashes, and a few other things as well.

I do not diaper any of my ducks although sometimes id like to :D . But as far as I have read up on there isn't many problems to diapering ducks. You will want to make sure that it is the right measurements and if your duck isn't full grown yet than you will have to worry about if it will still fit when it gets older. Also they can't wear them 24/7. Having a duck in the house is not as easy as it may seem. I currently have 2 ducks living in my house and it takes a lot to keep them clean. I'm constantly sweeping up feathers. I keep them in a puppy pen and use old towels on the floor and that gets messy quick. I change towels twice a day. With duck diapers i'm sure they wouldn't be quite as messy since they are wearing a diaper but the feathers are a constant thing. If you get a sturdy enough container than she won't be able to tip it over but she will still make a huge mess. A good website is etsy.com. They have diapers, harnesses, leashes, and a few other things as well.
[/quote
ok thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom