Diarrhea/ gleet?! Help

croyallp

Hatching
Jun 6, 2023
Ok so our favorite hen has had this series of events:

abt 3 weeks ago: lethargic, laying around, droopy wings. Diarrhea, some on bottom but not much.

-I panic, knowing my 8 yr old daughters best chicken friend is in danger. Take her to the vet. They say she has hook worm and coccidiosis.

- treat 5 days TMS antibiotic and panacur. Retreat with panacur after 10 days. Seems better… YAY…. Wrong.

- now she is a similar state again. Diarrhea… rear looks poopy but nothing like some of the gleet photos I’ve seen.

- been giving nutrdrench, feeding scrambled egg. Just not perking up/recovering. Still laying on the ground most of the day and not eating great, or laying any eggs.

Do I treat for gleet next? Not sure what to do now.

Attachments

• C276F2E3-B1EE-4C5E-A57F-84ED18D35EEA-1203-00000101698194E2.jpeg
    C276F2E3-B1EE-4C5E-A57F-84ED18D35EEA-1203-00000101698194E2.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 62
Have you felt to see if she's now egg bound? How does her crop feel? Can you get a picture of her butt and poop?

Have you felt to see if she's now egg bound? How does her crop feel? Can you get a picture of her butt and poop?
I felt for egg bound, and do not feel anything hard. I actually just washed the butt and little while ago. But OMG re-reading and writing this I just realized that I retreated for the worms. But I never retreated with the corid 10 days later. Do you think this is the problem?!!

I felt for egg bound, and do not feel anything hard. I actually just washed the butt and little while ago. But OMG re-reading and writing this I just realized that I retreated for the worms. But I never retreated with the corid 10 days later. Do you think this is the problem?!!
Honestly, I don't have much experience with cocci. But it definitley wouldn't hurt to do! You could also put a little apple cider vinegar in their water. That will give them an improved appetite and help them overall. And I always reccomend this stuff. Expensive, but it works wonders.
https://www.naturessunshine.com/product/silver-shield-w-aqua-sol-20-ppm/

Back
Top Bottom