Diarrhea/vent gleet?

croyallp

Hatching
Jun 6, 2023
my hen is 1 yr old. Survived a Marek’s outbreak at 12 weeks. She has been fighting diarrhea for a month. Vet said she had worms and coccidiosis from fecal float. So treated for worms and did corid and antibiotic. Was better for about 10 days. Now back to diarrhea, not feeling well again. She is lighter than normal, but still eating and drinking but less than usual.

She has been treated for: mites/lice, worms, cocci. Currently giving her nutridrench everyday and probiotics/electrolytes in water. She is acting ok but not getting Back to her usual self.

Attachments

• IMG_1675.jpeg
    IMG_1675.jpeg
    633.4 KB · Views: 50
What antibiotic did you treat with? Also, what did you worm with? With Marek's, it can weaken their immune system and make them more susceptible to other things. Worms and coccidia can irritate the intestinal lining and sometimes cause a secondary infection or enteritis. When I have a bird that seems sick after treating for worms, I generally do a round of amoxicillin.
It's also possible that it could be Marek's, depending on the form it can cause tumors in their organs (visceral form) and often that's not confirmed until necropsy.
Nutridrench is good for a quick pick me up when they are sick, but more than a few days use can also cause diarrhea.

Back
Top Bottom