Diarrhea/pasty butt/egg bound

lsatt

Chirping
Sep 17, 2022
This bird is one of six. She is the only one with this dirty butt. I’ve soaked her twice to clean her up, she will push as if to lay an egg when in the warm bath. I can’t see an egg, I don’t feel one but am unsure if I know what I’m looking/feeling for. Reading other posts I believe if she had an egg stuck she would be dead by now as this is going on two weeks now.
I’ve given her three doses of one Tum, once with string and the other two with a small spoonful of whole milk Greek yogurt. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I might add that this is two days since her last bath. IMG_4943.jpeg

Is she acting normal, active, eating/drinking?

The only issue is a dirty bum?

What's the poop look like?

Some hens can be messier than others, give her a good cleanup and trim the fluff around the vent. Look for lice/mites and make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

If possible, take a sample of her poop to your vet and get a fecal float to see if worms may be a problem.

The vent pulses quite a bit, so what you are seeing in the bath may be quite normal.

Is she acting normal, active, eating/drinking?

The only issue is a dirty bum?

What's the poop look like?

Some hens can be messier than others, give her a good cleanup and trim the fluff around the vent. Look for lice/mites and make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

If possible, take a sample of her poop to your vet and get a fecal float to see if worms may be a problem.

The vent pulses quite a bit, so what you are seeing in the bath may be quite normal.
Thank you for you recommendations! She is eating and drinking but hasn’t played an egg for two weeks now. Her poop is liquid. She hangs with the rest of the girls and doesn’t seem to be any worse for wear. I will do what you recommend and see what happens!

Back
Top Bottom