Diarrhea

Happycamper07

In the Brooder
I got 3 chickens a couple weeks ago from a couple who had around 35 chickens living in very tight quarters. I just recently noticed that 2 of them have diarrhea consistently and I am worried about trying to integrate them into my flock. They eat and drink and there is no blood in there poop but the consistency of the poop has stayed really watery. I'm worried they might have something and I don't want them to give it to my flock if they do have something and I also want to help them if I can. I have been keeping the. In a dog kennel in the night in my garage and during the day I take them out to a tractor with grass.

Do you have photos of the birds and their poop?

Having loose poop may be due to a change in feed, but since they are on "new ground" or a different property, then I'd treat for Coccidiosis.

You can find Corid in the cattle section of stores like TSC.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Back
Top Bottom