HELP! My chickens are all sick!! What kind of medications help??

Photos of the "bloody" poop would be good, very hard to see what's going on in the video.

Also close up photos of the feet may be helpful.

I don't see anything necessarily alarming with the poop. What do you feed, including any treats or scraps that you have given?
Do you provide grit (crushed granite) for your flock?

You mentioned in the video, they are eating dirt and that's weird - not really, chickens eat dirt all the time.

For the feet, I'd like to see photos. Looks like they probably have frostbite.

The hen with the wrapped feet and red leg band, needs to be tended to. Those wrappings need to be soaked off and photos taken of her feet.
Wrappings needs to stay dry and changed at least daily - perhaps a few times a day depending on how wet/soiled they get. With feet being wrapped, getting wet in the snow and being in cold weather, you're setting her up with more damage to the feet.

For the rooster, hard to tell, the video is not very clear, but his feet are not in good shape either.

Ventilation is important, so if the building they are in doesn't have good ventilation, do what you can to remedy that problem soon or you may end up with some respiratory issues as well.
I let the door open daily that way they have air the snow finally melted so their able to get out the area, Shotgun is able to move around though I just realized that all 4 of them (Soldier, Dusty, Lemon and Shotgun) lost a lot of weight my estimate for the other three (We weighed Lemon a few days ago right now she's 7.5 pounds) that they were around 10 pounds and now there 8 pounds, I'm going to take pictures today as well as clean up their bandages, I'm still really worried about Lemon (She's starting to move around now which is good), she's still limping and from what I can tell her joint doesn't move very well. And my parents aren't willing to take her to a farm vet, so I may need to call them if they know what kind of medications they have for chickens.
I also saw a giant blood poop this morning when I letted the chickens out. My 2 other siblings won't help and my oldest sibling is gone to New York city, and my parents are gone, I'm probably going to do this alone. I'll be taking loads of pictures of them.

I let the door open daily that way they have air the snow finally melted so their able to get out the area, Shotgun is able to move around though I just realized that all 4 of them (Soldier, Dusty, Lemon and Shotgun) lost a lot of weight my estimate for the other three (We weighed Lemon a few days ago right now she's 7.5 pounds) that they were around 10 pounds and now there 8 pounds, I'm going to take pictures today as well as clean up their bandages, I'm still really worried about Lemon (She's starting to move around now which is good), she's still limping and from what I can tell her joint doesn't move very well. And my parents aren't willing to take her to a farm vet, so I may need to call them if they know what kind of medications they have for chickens.
I also saw a giant blood poop this morning when I letted the chickens out. My 2 other siblings won't help and my oldest sibling is gone to New York city, and my parents are gone, I'm probably going to do this alone. I'll be taking loads of pictures of them.
Please listen to the suggestions of our members. And, since it’s so wet with snowmelt, provide them with dry areas where they can get their injured feet away from the wet and cold ground. Please have an adult help you take care of the problems. It’s obvious that you love your birds, but their foot issues, etc, need immediate treatment.

I'd re-weigh them, perhaps you read the first reading incorrectly. 10lb is quite large for most birds. 7.5lb sounds more average.

Look forward to more photos, hopefully we can offer you more suggestions.

While you made need some type of medication to help with infection, if the feet are indeed infected, no medication is going to help unless the feet get the daily care which is needed. You must treat the feet at least once daily and change wrappings, there's no way around that even with medication.

I'm sorry that you're struggling with this. I can also understand the reluctance to pay out a fortune for a vet when often all that is needed to remedy some of the issues is keeping things more tidy and giving daily care.

Ask your parents if they will help you access each bird's feet, get them cleaned up, wrapped up and settled. Once you are in fairly good shape on that end, you will have a starting point to continue forward on giving them daily care yourself.
Feet that are wrapped, need to stay dry. I know that's hard to do when the weather is like it is but do the best you can.

As for poop, it can vary widely on what you feed and other factors. Keep the feeders and water stations up off the ground, set them on blocks of wood, concrete, etc. They will stay cleaner and this may limit spillage of feed as well. Clean up spilled feed since it will get damp and moldy.

Please listen to the suggestions of our members. And, since it’s so wet with snowmelt, provide them with dry areas where they can get their injured feet away from the wet and cold ground. Please have an adult help you take care of the problems. It’s obvious that you love your birds, but their foot issues, etc, need immediate treatment.
Alright my mom just came home and she's willing to help me on friday (this friday) were also going to get medications as well today, I apologize for not listening to the advice that wasn't very smart of me.

Alright my mom just came home and she's willing to help me on friday (this friday) were also going to get medications as well today, I apologize for not listening to the advice that wasn't very smart of me.
Do not beat yourself up over this, okay? It’s a huge responsibility to handle a flock on your own. Even adults have lots of problems with their chickens too. You’re doing your best right now. Your moms going to help you… that’s HUGE! Tell her thank you from your BYC friends. 😊 Please keep us updated and ask a million questions if you want to, because we’re all here for you! You’re getting amazing advice from others that are more expert than me, but I’m here for support. 🥰 You have a beautiful flock. Shotgun is a gorgeous boy. ❤️ Please keep updating us.

Back
Top Bottom