Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lemd-
welcome-byc.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look Sally-more babies thanks to you-
WOW lemd, what a way to thank Sally by posting here in her thread for your first post!!!!

oh, your babies are too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you
smile.png
To be fair I was already a member but couldnt remember my login details to post a thank you so just made a new account.

Quote:
roll.png
I put it down to to a week of sleeplessnights caring for the eggs n babies
caf.gif

pop.gif
this is great my parents are out and Kids are glued to mickey mouse (for a treat on this gloomy day I actually put the tv on!!) Its nice to get online to chat with you guys when you are all online! Usually your all gone when I come on after the kids have gone to bed!!

You all seem to be putting me off the idea of ducks! we have a couple of wild ones on our dug out that are nice to watch but you can NEVER get anywhere near them! What about geese? are they as stinky and messy??! They are tempting to get to just make sure the kids stay away from the dug out. Our "kid eating monster" seems to be doing the trick for now but not sure how long we can keep that one going with my son!

Quote: I got my ducks ordered b4 I knew what a mess they are, I would wait till u have better weather .....but that is me- I ended up putting mine in a 2 man tent in the house because they outgrew their brooder too fast, oh, yeah, BTW, mine are 2 months old and must be darn close to full adult size now- I have Cayugas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do love them, they are funny and fun to watch!!!!

pop.gif
this is great my parents are out and Kids are glued to mickey mouse (for a treat on this gloomy day I actually put the tv on!!) Its nice to get online to chat with you guys when you are all online! Usually your all gone when I come on after the kids have gone to bed!!

You all seem to be putting me off the idea of ducks! we have a couple of wild ones on our dug out that are nice to watch but you can NEVER get anywhere near them! What about geese? are they as stinky and messy??! They are tempting to get to just make sure the kids stay away from the dug out. Our "kid eating monster" seems to be doing the trick for now but not sure how long we can keep that one going with my son!
NO, Waffle, not trying to do that, just fair warning..... I learned the hard way, and have had a huge shake up in my family life right after I got mine.....I really love them, and now that they are outside, I love them even more!! Just got their pond in the ground, and one of the coolest things I have seen ever is them diving to the bottom for their first time ever!!!!!

I got my ducks ordered b4 I knew what a mess they are, I would wait till u have better weather .....but that is me- I ended up putting mine in a 2 man tent in the house because they outgrew their brooder too fast, oh, yeah, BTW, mine are 2 months old and must be darn close to full adult size now- I have Cayugas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do love them, they are funny and fun to watch!!!!
lol I remember reading about them being in a two man tent. I live in Northern Alberta and the weather is fine now all greening up but just wouldn't know what to do with them during the winter months of -25 to -40

Quote: oh, THAT'S COLD
lol the tent was one of those 'necessity is the mother of invention' sort of things, but, Hey, it worked!! didn't last long, and now they are much happier and so cute!! I can now see them from my bedroom window
gig.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom