Diatomaceous earth.

Pics
I believe that DE helped cure your cats.
Sometimes we do not know the reason for things. We just know it happened/works. Sometimes science is wrong. And sometimes we don’t know why. And never will. I have also looked into food grade DE in the past. I’ve seen people use it for themselves. Reviews all over the internet are loaded with yay sayers and nay sayers. Who is right?
The same could be said about homeopathic remedies. Some say it’s quackery. Others say the opposite. Only you can be the judge.
I say, if you want to try it that is your choice. Especially if you want to avoid harsh drugs.
I’m glad you helped those cats! It’s good to hear they are well!

In this study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21673156/

they found that-

" Control BB hens tended to have higher Eimeria FEC than DE-treated BB hens, but DE did not affect Eimeria FEC in LB hens "

Eimeria being coccidia, but since they were housed in 4 different areas it seems like one outdoor area could potentially have had a higher coccidia load than the others? What I found very interesting is that it seems like the untreated BB pullets (unfilled circle) regulated the coccidia themselves without any treatment.
1678371093423.png

"As the season progressed, Ascaridia egg counts increased significantly (P = 0.02) in BB hens regardless of dietary treatment

The number of hens infected with Ascaridia and Heterakis did not differ between breeds, nor was it affected by DE treatment.
"

"Control BB hens had significantly (P = 0.003) higher Capillaria egg counts than DE-treated BB hens"

Interestingly the graph shows (treated with DE the filled in circle) that although they ended up at the postmortem exam to have a lower Capillaria fecal count, there seemed to be a very significant increase before that time.

1678370867391.png

Interesting study but I think the numbers of birds was too small, not enough variety in breeds or environment, and the time too short to form any real definite opinions.
If they had a way to feed the birds separately but run them together IMO the findings would be a lot more accurate. But that would make the testing a lot more difficult and time consuming.

One thing it did prove, that the Lohmann brown hens are naturally way more resistant to all internal parasites than the Bovan Brown hens!

Back
Top Bottom