Dickey or Sportsman 1502

So does a Dickey come with the plastic garbage can on top?

and can't you order an electronic thermostat rather than a wafer with a Dickey?

I have no use for one, but would still love to have one.. weird huh?

Quote:
Yes...the plastic can is available. I didn't get it...the available water pan is adequate for me.

Yes...electronic thermostat has a wafer back-up so if the electronic one fails, the wafer takes over & won't let temps get over 102.

No...not weird...it's called lust!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I really, really like the full acrylic door and glad I splurged for it. I actually did NOT order the humidity/garbage can set up. I spoke with him several times and had really good conversations and will leave it at that;). Nothing fancy, but I am using it, and actually its pretty handy! And yes, like has already been said. Electronic thermostat, with a wafer back up.

I will fill my last rack tonight and move my first hatch into the hatcher on Friday.
cool.png

Last edited:
i just received my gqf 1502 two weeks ago and love it, and it is made out of plastic board not particle board. and of course a few days later i found a dickey's incubator and hatcher on craigslist. so now i own both. the only things i like better about the gqf are the door latches and it is made out of plastic board.

Is it difficult to clean them and do you have to clean it after every hatch? If you are hatching in it then the dander will be getting everywhere. Will that affect the incubating eggs?

I put a sticky ball in the incubator and it collects all the dander. The fan in my sportsman 1502 keeps it circulating until it catches on the sticky ball or in the corners making clean up a breeze.
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom