did an egg break inside her?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chicken burger, Feb 1, 2011.

1. chicken burger

chicken burger Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    I don't know what section to post this and I'm freaking out too much to give it too much thought...

She is a bantam cochin approx 5 or six months old. I had to give her de-worming meds, so I held her under my arm and opened her beak to push the pill down her throught. She started to struggle so I tightened my grip. The I heard it...POP!

What have I done? did I pop her egg inside her? She hasn't started laying eggs yet though, but she was rather quiet today....She seems okay, but it's night time here and I can't really see her walking etc....

Did I break a bone? She is another rescue chicken and she is awfully thin.....[​IMG]

2. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    You may have hurt her, keep her isolated for a few days and check out how she is, I bet it would be a joint that pooped and not an egg. if she is already waek then she would be more prone to injury, soory hope she is ok, they can survive a lot. But until you see her acting like a normal chicken I would protect her from the others, that way she may beable to get more food in her too to fatten up

3. chicken burger

chicken burger Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    [​IMG]

ok, will do.

4. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    any update? is she doing any better today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by