Did anyone else have to chase escapees this morning?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chicks R Friends NOT Food, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    My two roos got out (mom's fault). I went outside to let the "kids" out not knowing, and luckily my neighbor yelled that my roosters were out. Then I ran around trying to chase them and hacking my lungs up. (I'm sick). Not my plan for 8:30 in the morning. Finally caught them after a long run through the woods. In my PJ's of course. Just wondering if I was the only one that had to "manage" my flock like this today.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's raining cats and dogs out there this morning. My chickens are all huddled in their coops.

3. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    i had to chase my four ducks around. we keep one hen and one drake together, and then the other two drakes together. (we're getting more girls). and i let the boys out, thinking they'd want some time at the pond. then i let the couple out to put them in the outdoor pen. the boys heard the girl come out and came running. they all mixed together and i had to get them seperated because they fight. it was 8:30 in the morning for me too. i was running everywhere because i had to get in front of them so i would have to run the long way...not fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by