Did anyone else see?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Jan 1, 2009.

1. One of the episodes of Keeping Up With The Kardashians (I probably spelled that wrong, you know the model woman Kim who's rumored to have butt implants? [​IMG]) on E! where they decided to get chickens for organic fresh eggs to eat healthier?
    I spend the whole episode either [​IMG] or [​IMG]... The Mom decided to go off and buy chickens on a whim at a feed store, ready to lay pullets it looked like, and a mix; BO, BR, maybe an RIR in there... The husband wanted nothing to do with them because he said chickens were discusting creatures and filthy, carrying all sorts of disease. So they get the pullets, looks like maybe 5-6 of them and the Mom is holding one right after they brought it home and she's freaking out because it's trying to get down out of her arms, then it's loose and being chased around with a pool net, poor thing.
    As if all of this isn't bad enough, they fast forward to Mom with all these plates in her hands of scrambled eggs passing them out to all the kids and husband and they all are discusted and claim the eggs taste "dirty" and smell funny... They never said what happened to them after that though...

Some people! [​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I saw that one (one of the few I've seen of that series) and was saddened by the portrayal of chickens, as well as the treatment of them. I'm betting they went back to the store where they were purchased.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

On a happier note.... I watched the looney toons cartoon this morning with Porky Pig the Chicken Farmer and his girls weren't laying so he hired a chicken to croon them into laying (Bing Crosby)..... Tooo cute.

4. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    This is why we don't have a TV.

I saw the looney toons one a while back it was soooo cute!

5. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    That portrayal of chickens on TV is too bad.

I just watched a pro-bird movie called "Hawk is Dying" about a guy who becomes obsessed with taming a wild hawk. Unfortunately the movie is a bit odd (lots of close-ups of the hawk's eye staring at the man's eye) so I'm not sure I would recommend it.

6. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I saw it and all I'll say is that it made me extremely grateful not to have any of them as relatives, neighbors or co-workers. [​IMG]

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:I'll take them as neighbors any day. That neighborhood is really nice. It's over by my parent's place and it's just gorgeous!! You need at least 3 mil to move in, though. [​IMG]

8. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    she's not a model. She's "famous" because she made an adult entertainment video...

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:She's famous because Bruce Jenner is her stepdad...

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:She's famous because Bruce Jenner is her stepdad...

Ok, but she really did make one. Who is Bruce Jenner?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by