Did anyone see this report?

Egg prices here in Wisconsin have gone up and warning more increase to come. Hopefully my plans for chickens in the spring comes to fruition.

I'm betting pound for pound, it's still pretty cheap protein. Americans need to put up or shut up about how commercial animal products are raised. Space costs money.

I'm betting pound for pound, it's still pretty cheap protein. Americans need to put up or shut up about how commercial animal products are raised. Space costs money.
As a generational farmer, I disagree with the shut up part, People have a right to know what they are eating.

Put up or shut up means you need to realize humanely raised animals cost more, so either accept you'll pay more or stop griping about how the animals are raised. I totally agree folks should know how their food is raised. They also need to accept you can't get eggs for a dollar a dozen unless you use intensive factory farming methods. Americans pay less percentages for our food than so many other countries, and that's possible due to CAFOs and mono-cropping, all the evils folks rail against. They need to accept doing away with those evils are going to cost them more at the grocery, plain and simple. Put up your money or shut up about the evils.

It isn't a difficult concept. People can provide a great deal for themselves, even urbanites. Hydroponics, aquaponics, raising a few birds for your own eggs. Getting on a lease and culling a deer. The Monsanto machine doesn't need a leg up. People realizing their own autonomy would break the machines that treat animals inhumanely, and then pass the inevitable diseases onto the unsuspecting population for profit.

Last edited:
It isn't a difficult concept. People can provide a great deal for themselves, even urbanites. Hydroponics, aquaponics, raising a few birds for your own eggs. Getting on a lease a culling a deer. The Monsanto machine doesn't need a leg up. People realizing their own autonomy would break the machines that treat animals inhumanely, and then pass the inevitable diseases onto the unsuspecting population for profit.
The only way it can be done is to go back to the Early 1800"s.People that keep our modern world revolving don't and won't start farming and cultivating their own goods.If they did there would be no internet,cell phones , cars etc.

The only way it can be done is to go back to the Early 1800"s.People that keep our modern world revolving don't and won't start farming and cultivating their own goods.If they did there would be no internet,cell phones , cars etc.
People still do. And they use the internet to tell people about it. Those that still believe that meat miraculously appears in still styrofoam trays with saran wrap, and eggs spontaneously generate in styrofoam containers will keep on being ignorant consumers. You know, people like these:

Back
Top Bottom