did I do the right things?

Jul 24, 2020
NY
so my new duck scout who I got a few days ago loves the chickens and I think I may cut his quarantine short and put him with the chickens so what happened tonight won't happen again. I was getting ready to head out for the night but as I turned towards the door scout who is in a dog crate next to the door jumped up into the air next thing I knew he was tangled in the bars of the cage his weight being supported by a perch we have in the cage, no clue how he did it so fast but I really thought that I had just watched my duck kill himself. I quickly took a picture and unwound his head freeing him I am very glad we have that perch in our quarantine crate because if we didn't scout would most likely be dead.

1697593724203.png

the other thing is I was about to leave the barn but i forgot something so i went back to grab it i wouldn't have been there

also, the black thing at the bottom is a tray we've been using to make him feel a little safer I don't know why he did it but I think it has something to do with him wanting to go be with the chickens since he did escape earlier when I was doing his water to go see the chickens

Back
Top Bottom