Did I fall asleep and miss summer?

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
Did I fall asleep and sleep through summer? Good gosh the cold is back and the rain makes it feel much worse. Hard to believe it is mid May.

Well, mid May for where we are. I know some of the upper states can get like this in May. And even June, July, etc. LOL I know of times when we were in upper Minnesota and would have on sweat shirts and heaters going in June or July.
wink.png

Good thing I didn't put out my tomato plants a couple days ago.
roll.png

Quote:
I'm in Missouri too, I was having flashbacks to when I lived in Wisconsin...........where they have 3 seasons---June, July, & Winter.

I know what you mean two days ago we were sweating and I had the hose on mist for the ducks and chickens as it was 90 degrees and now I am setting here freezing in sweats cause its chilly and rainy. But thats the weather in Illinois. Just wait a minute it will change. My dad said when he was young he saw it snow in June. I have never seen that and dont want to! Why cant the weather stay a nice 75-80 degrees all year long? Suppose to get in the upper 30's tonight and we dont have a furnace as ours went out a couple of weeks ago and havent got the new one installed yet.

Last edited:
You can all thank me. It was hitting the high 90's here in Texas around my birthday (end of April), so I got a pool for my birthday. Wouldn't you know it hasn't been that hot since then, at least not on the weekends, when I should be enjoying the pool! We need some rain here in Texas, I think I'll go wash my car.

Quote:
Yup same here. My young chickens thought they were dying! My old 2-year-olds were like "this is nothin" coz they've seen months of triple digits in the past summers when I would haul them ice for their water buckets. Now it's rather chilly again, but at least not cold.

Yeah, the weather stinks. We have had way too much rain. Tonight my husband started a fire in the woodstove, it is in the 40's. We have had 90 degree weather too. Today we got 2 loads of hay into the barn. Then I put 3 fence posts in where the goats had stomped the fence , way back in what I call our"outback". At least we weren't sweating. Wish we could get sun and 70 degrees. My garden still isn't even tilled=(

Back
Top Bottom