Did I get a Roo? No Tail Feathers. No Eggs.

I think we can only guess. Do you know what breeds the place you got him from had?
Sadly, no. There was a local kid letting the backyard chickens breed willy-nilly. He was operating his own little business. But he wasn't specific about what rosster was breeding with what hen.
So for now he will live next door to the hens. I'll let him breed instead of buying new chickens later. Would be interested to see how he pairs with the Rhode Island Red and Easter Egger. Like what will the end results look like.

I will say rooster and also fertalized eggs aren’t any different you have to have a broody or an incubator for anything to happen but if you have at minimum 8 hens he’ll be fine I have to warn you though one day you’ll get too close or do something weird with your legs and your whole view on that rooster will change because they snap one time and they never go back to your sweet boy I have a rooster that would sit on my lap and come in my house and one day he got his big boy pants and spurred me now he is evil and I have to watch my back at all times

Back
Top Bottom