Did I get a Roo???

Quote:
Thanks to all that think she is a she!

Yes she is the top of the "pecking order" and is bullying the other chicks. One chick she has isolated to the coop and when she moves into the coop the others scatter. That is what lead me to think she might be a he. Also it looked like she was mounting one of the other birds.
barnie.gif

Thanks again

I have several EE that look like yours...if "she" keeps mounting...everyone could be wrong...she could just be the dominant girl...her coloring says girl though...she sure knows how to give the stink eye!
I have 2 that look like this, and one chocolate brown one...mine are 11 weeks today.

68634_dsc_0096-6.jpg

Quote:
I guess a Roo would have longer tail feathers, bigger legs? I'm just concerned with the bullying. I hope it will pass. They are almost 18 weeks old.

at 18 weeks...you would know...there would be crowing, most likely...she is in charge, and won't let the others forget it...

keep an eye on her...you can always isolate her, and knock her down a peg or two when she comes out of the chicken jail...

that is what I would suggest if she gets to be too much and the others run in fear, that will effect egg laying.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of isolating her, but today was a calm day. Maybe the approaching storm has them nervous.

If it gets bad here, they will be locked in the coop, with food and water for a few days. Hope they can all get along!

Back
Top Bottom