did i get a roo??

Thanks for the replies, I have been hearing yes no and maybe, so I suppose it isnt always correct. "she" is a big talker and is a hoot to watch, im just REALLY wanting her to be a her! I have also been hearing that the legs can be a give away? "she" does have some black on them

Thanks for the replies, I have been hearing yes no and maybe, so I suppose it isnt always correct. "she" is a big talker and is a hoot to watch, im just REALLY wanting her to be a her! I have also been hearing that the legs can be a give away? "she" does have some black on them

Yeah, I was just going by the ones I got in the mail and the later batch I hatched out. The hatchery chicks had different colored spots painted on their heads, so, I figured they must have sexed them by vent inspection, or, they wouldn't have bothered to take the time to mark them.
The ones I hatched, all looked the same. At least I thought they all looked the same, since there were only four. I guess I'll pay more attention next time.
Oh well, good luck anyway.

Im hoping it is a female, but I have been doing some research, and now im thinking im psyching myself out. she was sold as a pullet but ive been scared by everyones posts of getting roos instead. im trying to see if there is any definitive way i can sex her myself so i know if i can get attached or not lol

To my knowledge there's no difinitive way to sex a baby Cuckoo Maran. Also, Roos aren't the end of the world, unless there's an ordinance against them in your city? I've had a couple that have actually been friendly & happy & quiet... reasonable pets to keep!

I would have nothing against a roo! but its the ordinance that I have to deal with :( luckily we do have places here in portland that can take roos so they dont land on the dinner table- im just hoping for the "perfect" start, but i will just save faith that they were promised pullets and hopefully that is true! i got them from a well known store here and I would think if they had a high failure rate people wouldnt go, and they were sure busy! tiny local place too so good to see they are getting business :)

I like your reasoning!! You're probably going to be just fine & end up with some cute little ladies. Post pictures when you can :)

Thanks! I will! we have four different chicks, 2 australorp and EE and the cuckoo. we were going to name them after Doctor Who companions but now we are debating DC heroins...our EE is SO spunky that we are thinking hawkgirl lol
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom