Did I make a big mistake???

Quote:
My thought too! That guy has some short thick legs on him, doesn't he?!?
Is he some sort of cornish?

I'm glad Ethel is back and hope it doesn't happen again.

Btw,
welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas
frow.gif

Glad Ethel's back, that was some getaway.

If Ethel is 15-18 lbs., then how many pounds is Fred?
He looks well fed.

Phew! Glad she made it back alright!

I counted beaks and drumsticks this evening and came up one set short. After making sure eveyone else was ok and locked up, I went looking for my missing girl. No sign of her, so I went back to the coop to double check and found out that I miscounted! She was there the whole time!

If you were half as worried as I was, I know you breathed a BIG sigh to find her safe and sound.

Now I have to go back to my math and counting practice.
hide.gif

//edit// Oh and I have to say that Rosco is ONE LUCKY CLUCK to have found you!!! There is no way he'd have gotten adopted by anyone with less compassion than you've got, he's one ugly but lucky fellow.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Well, I think half the fun of having my feathered crew will be joining this site. You've all been so caring and funny. As a fowl neophyte I'm sure I'll be having many more questions.

Quote:
Rosco is so ugly that he's cute and what he lacks in looks he's made up for in personality and brains. Being he's just 5 lbs., blind in one eye, and has one crippled leg he managed to steal my heart and train me well in very short order. Every morning at sun up he sits under my bedroom window and crows until I get up an say "Good morning, Rosco." Then he runs to the front door, waits for me to get my coffee, and when I emerg he does his little happy dance. Swaying from side-to-side, bobbing his head up and down, and then building to a cresendo with him hopping around on his good leg. Needless to say, my mornings start with a good laugh and a treat for Rosco.

Quote:
At 23 lbs. Fred could be a linebacker if he wern't such a pussycat. He and Ethel are both very docile and coo like doves. I've never heard Ethel cluck, but Fred does occassionally crow. At night they curl up together and Fred drapes a wing over Ethel and she rests her head on his neck. I've never seen Fred fly, but Ethel did fly out of the coop so she can fly a little. Hopefully enough to keep her protected while free ranging.

Back
Top Bottom