Did I score at TSC?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Painted Spirit, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Painted Spirit

Painted Spirit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    I got to the store as they got their chicks from the mailcarrier! They got 25 ee's from Mt Healthy. I picked out the duller feathered ones! Please tell me I got the pullets??????

2. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    I don't know what gender you got but you're lucky to get EEs. My TSC only has white rocks and assorted red chicks.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

At a few days of age, you really cannot sex EEs by feathers like that, not that I'm aware of. I'd have been looking for wide or very narrow/non-existent comb. Broader, more visible combs could be males, but at that age, they're hard to see anyway.

4. Painted Spirit

Painted Spirit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    I was comparing the chipmunk striping on the batch.... there were half with bright, sharp stripes and half with very little stripes or none.... I know my welsummers I hatched I could sex that way. I was so tickled to get chicks there! Our TSC has been back ordered on all their chicks. They've been getting 50 here and there for the past 2 weeks. Last order was Tetra Tints, Cornish Rocks, and red pullets.... I guess you can't order Mother Nature!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by